Crime scene and trauma cleanup companies specialize in handling and cleaning up scenes that have been affected by traumatic events, including crime scenes, accidents, suicides, unattended deaths, and other similar incidents. These companies provide a range of services that go beyond regular cleaning, as they deal with potentially hazardous materials and biohazardous waste. Here are some of the key tasks performed by crime scene and trauma cleanup companies:
1. Blood and bodily fluid cleanup: One of the primary responsibilities of these companies is to clean up blood and bodily fluids that may be present at the scene. This includes removing any visible blood, as well as sanitizing and disinfecting affected surfaces to eliminate potential health risks.
2. Biohazard disposal: Crime scene and trauma cleanup companies are trained and equipped to properly handle and dispose of biohazardous waste. This includes blood-soaked materials, contaminated items, and other biohazardous materials that may pose a risk of infection or disease transmission.
3. Odor removal: Traumatic events often leave behind strong and unpleasant od. Cleanup companies use specialized techniques and equipment to eliminate odors and restore a clean and fresh environment.
4. Tear gas cleanup: In situations involving tear gas deployment by law enforcement agencies, cleanup companies are responsible for safely removing and decontaminating affected areas. Tear gas residue can be harmful if not properly handled and cleaned.
5. Hoarding cleanup: Some crime scene and trauma cleanup companies also offer hoarding cleanup services. They assist in removing excessive clutter, sanitizing the area, and restoring a safe and habitable environment for individuals affected by hoarding disorders.
6. Restoration and reconstruction: Depending on the severity of the incident, cleanup companies may also provide restoration and reconstruction services. This can include repairing damaged structures, replacing flooring or walls, and restoring the affected area to its pre-incident condition.
It's important to note that crime scene and trauma cleanup companies operate with sensitivity and discretion, understanding the emotional impact that these situations can have on individuals involved. They prioritize the safety and well-being of their clients while adhering to strict guidelines and regulations set by governing bodies such as OSHA and the CDC.
Overall, crime scene and trauma cleanup companies play a vital role in restoring order, cleanliness, and safety to scenes affected by traumatic events, providing peace of mind to those affected and ensuring that potential health risks are mitigated.
Compassion BioClean’s Service Area: